To provide a sustainable heat energy source and reduce energy costs, Tom Briody & Son is the specialist well drilling company for you.
We are Geothermal Drilling Specialists and as the Government has encouraged us all to become more environmentally aware; we at Tom Briody & Son, have found that there is growing interest in Geothermal Heating.
- Heat is widely available in the ground, air and water around your property. These natural sources of heat are constantly replenished by the sun. A geothermal heat pump system will harness this heat; heating your premises and supplying hot water a very low cost, which will improve your energy rating and add value to your property.
- Geothermal wells are particularly relevant where space is a major constraint. We generally drill for two types of Geothermal systems: an Open Loop System and a Closed Loop System.
- An Open Loop System works by pumping the water from your well through a heat pump where the heat is extracted from the water, it is then pumped to waste or back into another well. For this system, there would be a recommended amount of water required.
- More commonly used, a Closed Loop System works by inserting conductor pipes into the well, which extracts heat from the earth
through a heat pump. The depth of the well needed is affected by the square footage of the property that is to be heated.
- To discuss Geothermal wells, cost savings and grants available, please contact us and we will be more than happy to help. Sustainable Energy Ireland would also be happy to provide you with additional information.
- Past Projects completed, include; a Large Library Development in Co. Cavan, a Large Commercial Development in Dublin City Centre and Geothermal wells for Numerous Residential home owners.